The Setup Connection dialog box allows you to setup a connection between Microsoft Office Excel and an ADAPA instance.
The information required to configure a connection is the web service address (URL) of the instance, a user email, and a password. The add-in can be used either with the demo ADAPA instance or your own private ADAPA instance.
- Demo ADAPA Instance
- For demonstration purposes, an ADAPA demo instance is being made available along with a sample Excel file with test data sets. The demo instance is configured with three models which can be used to score the data supplied in the sample file. A link to this file can be found in the e-mail you received from Zementis when you signed up for the add-in in the Zementis web site.
- To use the demo instance, check Use Demo check box to populate the URL field with the URL address of the ADAPA demo instance. For the User Email and Password fields, use the ones provided in the e-mail you received from Zementis when you signed up for the add-in. Look for the section ADAPA Connection Information in that e-mail.
- Private ADAPA Instance
- To use your own private ADAPA instance, make sure the Use Demo check box is not checked.
- The required web service URL can be found in the ADAPA Help page, which is accessible from the top of the ADAPA Web Console.
- In the help page, scroll-down to the Web Services section and Table 1. Locate the service URL link associated to the Models Web Service (first entry in the table). In most web browsers, you can right-click on the link to copy it and then paste it in the URL field of the dialog box. The Email and Password fields need to be filled with the email and password you use to log in into the ADAPA Web Console.
- Installing the Zementis Security Certificate
- Finally, please note that in order to access your instance on the cloud, you may need to install the Zementis Security Certificate first. Do that using Internet Explorer (IE). Click HERE for instructions (do not use Firefox or another browser besides IE).
Once all the connection information has been provided, you can click on Test to verify that the information is valid. You can then click on OK to apply the settings you have entered and to leave the Setup Connection dialog box. Click on Cancel to close the dialog box without applying the new settings.