By using the AWS Marketplace, ADAPA users can benefit from using the AWS Management Console to launch one or more ADAPA instances on the Amazon Cloud. Users can also do that by benefiting from the 1-Click Launch feature provided by the AWS Marketplace.
In this posting we cover:
- Initial log in into ADAPA - finding the initial password and changing it
- How to ssh into the ADAPA instance
Watch our how-to video
Initial login into ADAPA
In both cases, once the ADAPA instance is up and running, users can then access ADAPA directly through its Web Console. To log in the first time around into ADAPA though, users need to provide the Instance ID as the initial password (password can then be changed later on as depicted below).
If the ADAPA instance was launched through the AWS Management Console, the Instance ID (the initial password) can be obtained from the Instances table itself:
Note that to access the ADAPA Console, you will need to copy and paste the Public DNS for the instance you just launched into a new tab of your Web browser. Remember to type https:// in front of the Public DNS. In this case, if the Public DNS for your instance is ec2-54-81-130-28.compute-1.amazonaws.com, you will need to type the following in your Web browser:
If the ADAPA instance was launched through the 1-Click Launch feature, the Instance ID can be obtained as shown below:
To access the ADAPA Console, simply click on the Access Software hyperlink (last link on the table of instances). If it doesn't work, wait a few minutes. The instance may still be initializing.
Once logged in, users can then change the password directly in the ADAPA Console by following the hyperlink provided on the top right corner:
SSH Access to ADAPA Instance
Finally, once the ADAPA instance is up and running, an user can ssh into the instance by using the following command:
ssh -i /location/to/private_key ubuntu@public_dns
sudo su - adapa
- /location/to/private_key points to the pem file which contains the private key that was configured when the instance was launched
- ubuntu is the default username for ssh access into ADAPA instance
- adapa is the username under which you will find the software installation
- public_dns is the DNS that is assigned to your instance once it is up